January 14, 2013

My Traditional Monkeys

Christmas last year included the girls and I making monkey bread before opening presents. They loved it!

I was anxious to continue this tradition again this year and was thrilled with we were able to keep Hayley overnight before Christmas. The girls were up early and begging for monkeys.










It was just as yummy as it looks.

After monkey bread, the monkeys opened presents. Some of my favorite pictures of Christmas:










There was amazing Christmas music on the iPod (absolutely Elvis and the entire score of Love Actually), and Mabel's favorite present was the stack of tattoos in her stocking. That's a blue mouse right in the middle of her forehead, there.

That afternoon, I made a ham, homemade cheesy potatoes, green beans, and an apple pie. Grandma Sharon joined us and we had a lovely day.

We started and ended the day with Christmas traditions that are new and lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment