May 21, 2013

A Heavy Heart

I turned on the news for a while last night to catch up on the day's events and to find out what happened with that possible tornado I'd heard about while waiting for Andy's dentist appointment.

I had no idea what I was about to see on the screen and, Folks, my heart broke clean in two.

Dead children under a school? More kids missing? Teachers laying across little bodies to keep them from flying away? It was just too much. I had to turn off the television and simply pray.

Even this morning, I am deep in thought about it. I am still stunned. Just... stunned.

Can you imagine how the parents are feeling? How that community is feeling? What do you say when this happens, when there is no 'bad guy' to blame the scary things on? Nobody made a choice for this to happen, yet our God never makes a single mistake. We must trust that He has and will continue to weave this for His glory.

But I am heartbroken for them. Please help me surround them in prayer.

And also, please pray for those in Texas today, because another line of these suckers are heading straight their way. I texted Lulu when I got up this morning to be sure she kept her eye on the weather.

How frightened those children - and adults - must have been. But how elated they certainly were to see their King waiting for them with open arms when they reached Heaven.

Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment