If you're like me, you have a Pinterest account and collect all sorts of home ideas and recipes. Well, and outfit ideas, too, but that's another post entirely. Often I'm inspired by a photo of a room, or something creative, and am then moved to find my own version of creating it. Other times I get lucky and I'm linked directly to the DIY instructions by fellow Pinners.
These are some of my newest ambitions. Just promise not to keep track of how long it takes me to finish all of them, okay?
1. The geometric table runner is amazing. I don't have a need for a table runner, but I'm strongly considering this for a shower curtain or swag in the boys' rooms.
2. Gilding little plastic animals? Darling. Spray painting them? Even easier. This is mainly a holiday idea - but isn't it cute? Like ornaments and package tags, all in one. I do love the silver.
3. I'm sure this actual device is a fancy plant hanger. But I had one of those "duh" moments when I saw them. Why haven't I tried bending a clothes hanger before? I could even yarn-wrap one for the girls room, AND attach a baby bird. Gah!
4. Folks, write in your house. Just... do it. Paint will cover it if you change you mind, but I love handwriting so much more when it is authentic and not a vinyl decal (that's a matter of personal taste, so decal-away if that's your thing). Don't be afraid to mark your house as your own. Write a love letter to your honey behind the bathroom door, or an uplifting scripture behind your 12 year old's clothes.
6. Some skewer sticks, washi tape, and feathers and I'd be in business, no?
7. All you need for this fabulous DIY is a couple of empty pickle(sized) jars, some rope or twine, and a stick. For pity's sake. YES. This is to die for fab.
8. We have a chalkboard wall in our home and I have a chalk pen. The two should become one and draw up some darling leaf frames, don't you think?
9. New obsession: large, floppy baskets. I know World Market carries them, but they come with a decent price tag. I'm praying for a sale soon!
10. I am so in love with this quilt that I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it. That's a sign.
11. These are going over MY bed.
12. I had no idea how easy it was to make your own clear glass lamp until I read this. I plan on adding a second hole in the bottom of the glass so that the wire is inside and exits through that hole, but that's a small (cat-friendly) change I can make. I need a glass/tile drill bit and the wiring set for like, $8.
All images and their associated DIY instructions are Pinned for sources.