October 9, 2013

All of Me

On the same day as All I Need by Rhett Walker Band, I listened very carefully to the lyrics of All of Me by John Legend.

So this was about the 1,000th song that I've downloaded courtesy of Grey's Anatomy and just like the others, it captured my soul in the 2 second, 4 bar frame I heard it. Like, pow. And so once it was finally available for download from John Legend, I grabbed it up.

I find it quite telling, these two songs. I have all I need in Jesus Christ and when I'm broken, I immediately go to Him for comfort. In addition, I am a human wife who has been blessed by Jesus with a human husband to care for me with arms and words. I do sorely need adoration and appreciation from my husband. Those are needs that weren't met before Bryon and that scar runs much deeper than I'd like it to. However, my husband is exactly who God knew I needed and together, he and the Lord fill the gap and wrap love around me when I need it. He's sort of the best human ever.

The very carefully-listened to lyrics had me in a knot. A good knot. This is me, People. I am crazy complicated. And I am brutally honest, remember? That means I say things like, "You hurt me today. What the heck was that about?" My words are harsh sometimes, even when my heart is soft - but this husband of mine finds my heart in the complicated mess and loves me anyway. He stays the course and keeps loving. He wants to learn all of my complications. He is the exact right choice for my life. I am so thankful that Bryon loves me even when I'm acting like spaghetti. I hope I make him feel this loved! And so I sent the song and the lyrics to my hero husband immediately and begged him to listen, too.





And so here is our newest song, which I love like, pow.


What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
Got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you, oh

How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

Give me all of you
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you


1 comment:

  1. i've been checking regularly since i wrote you to see if you're back ... but hadn't checked in the last couple of days...
    welcome back. so good to be reading your words again. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete