December 23, 2013

Favorite Christmas Ideas

I have a Holiday board on Pinterest, to which I post tons of Christmas-y goodness all year long. Then in late November, I go through it all again and its like an awesome Christmas decorating catalog, full of ideas to get my hiner in gear!

Since it's the season, how's about I share my favorites with you?



Perler bead ornaments also make great gift tags!



Pinecones, hung on a piece of twine or yarn is a great winter touch.



I just adore these cute little ornaments, which could easily be made with pipe cleaners and old holiday cards from your thrift. Or buy them upcycled at Old World Primitives HERE



DIY clay ornaments with some white baking clay, cookie cutters, and scrapbook letter stamps.



Paper ball ornaments, which I especially love made out of vintage Christmas cards.



Homemade garland with random bits of notions, ribbons, and poms.



Upcycled white ornaments with a Sharpie marker.



Glittered pinecones steal my heart!



Snowflake instructions.



This is easier than you think and I do it every year. 2 boxes of silver balls and white ribbon: string one box of bulbs onto a ribbon about 3 ft long. String the other box of bulbs onto a ribbon that is 30" long. Then tie the shortest to your light fixture, allowing the bulbs to hang naturally. Add the second string of bulbs beneath the first, giving just enough room to cradle beneath.



Glittered plastic animals make great ornaments and gift toppers.



Oh, peanuts!



Handmade gift wrap, using any stamp you have.



Wrap your gifts in vintage fabric or paper and tie with a string.



DIY felt ball ornaments.



My personal favorite: white pom poms.



Grab stick from yard, wipe off, and hang on wall. Add ornaments. Perfect for the top of a stairway, over a couch, or over a bed before Christmas.



Add black chalkboard paint to white mugs. Personalized every time!


All of these ideas can be found (and linked) on my Pinterest holiday board. If you have favorites, I'd love to hear about them, too!





No comments:

Post a Comment