March 28, 2014

A New Paleo Post

I still get LOTS of questions and emails about Paleo. I know a lot of people are curious - ask away!

Recently I read something about "the dangers of Paleo" that I found humorous. The food companies seem so worried that people will stop buying their muffins and donuts and fake crap that they want to scare the public. It's so sad! Anyway, the article said that the dangers of Paleo include constipation from heavy protein and lack of grains (impossible if you're eating veggies, which is the paramount staple of Paleo and FIBER to begin with), the expense (moderately true if you don't watch for sales but hardly a 'danger'), and a warning that this is a trend, like the Atkins diet. Oh really?

Are vegetables, nuts, fruits, and lean meats going to be disappearing anytime soon?  Nah.

A paleolithic diet is not trendy. It requires a lot of discipline. IT'S A LIFESTYLE based on eliminating fake and processed foods, and eliminating grains that your body hates to process anyway. It's the preferred diet for numerous people with health concerns for a reason. It's what everyone ate before the food industry was established and started hydrogenating, enriching, germinating, and pesticiding everything in its path - hardly a trend. And people that follow the diet are substantially healthier. Leaner.

This way of eating makes me believe in humanity again; it makes me grateful for the way God made the earth and the plants and the animals. It has changed the way I take care of my body and of my family. It makes me pause before I hand my child super sour gummy worms, you know? What am I putting into my kid's body? Is it safe? Is it the best choice I could be making? We take that responsibility very seriously and now that I know more about nutrition, it's been a wake up call. I am humbled, is what I'm saying.

So read on if you're curious.

Here are some new things I've discovered and love.



Baked butternut squash french fries!



Roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. I can't wait to make this on the grill this summer!



Sriracha maple pumpkin seeds



Toasted coconut bars




Sweet potato, apple, avocado salad




Stuffed portobello mushrooms




Cocoa banana almond smoothies




Peanut butter chocolate coconut macaroons



Crustless spinach mushroom feta quiche



Chopped chicken salad with cashews and mango


Grilled zucchini nachos (minus the black beans)




Kids Paleo lunches, from OurPaleoLife


Since I'm not an offical expert, here is more on the Paleo diet from Michelle from NomNomPaleo >> What Is Paleo?

Eat well, Peeps!



And now:

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment