March 24, 2014

Sunset Reading



Late last week I walked past Andy's room and noticed him sitting in his window. His little forehead curls were sticking out from behind the curtain. He was reading a huge chapter book, right there in the sunlight. While Andy has always loved reading, he has typically gravitated toward books like 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' and 'Big Nate'. But he's a big 6th grader now and he's been grabbing chapter books recently, devouring them within a week or two. I couldn't be happier. I love me some bookworms.




And the light on this bookworm was just breathtaking.

Right after I captured these photos, Andy told me he has a new favorite color. He pointed to the setting sun and said, "there, Mom. That right there. It's my favorite. The amber color of the sun going down." Swoon, Child.

Thank you, God for this little boy. He makes my life so rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment