June 25, 2014

Weddennessday





Folks, my brain is percolating this morning so it’s hard telling where this one is going to go. Thanks for reading without a Table of Contents is what I’m saying.

Since I started my new job I can tell you that I’m thinking of my work attire differently. The dress code here is casual. Like, jeans. However, I feel motivated to dress more nicely than I did at my previous job. I just… love it. I don’t want to wear holey jeans to work right now. I want to wear suit separates and shop in stores I haven’t visited in years. It feels good. GREAT actually. But you bet I wear a vintage tee under my suit coat!

Paleo is going great. It’s a lifestyle so I don’t expect it to change much. I haven’t accidentally glutened myself in months, so that is great as well. I have started to take activated charcoal capsules with every meal and those are helping to eliminate any leftover belly symptoms I had. It’s strange to NOT be bloated at all at bedtime. Feels so good. I got the charcoal to swish as a tooth whitener (totally works, too) and then once I read of the additional holistic benefits, I started taking some. It is wonderful for any type of digestive anything and cleans the toxins right on out of your body.

So… body. Yes. I’ve been doing yoga now for almost 2 months and to say I love it would be a massive understatement. I go to a studio in town that offers hot sessions around 100 degrees with about 85% humidity. It’s possible to burn over 1,000 calories in one 60 minute class. But more than that? Yeah, confidence is there. Power. Peace. It is amazing. I go to a variety of class styles but my favorite is something called Yoga Sculpt. It’s taught by a friend of mine and she outright kicks my ass in every class – and I love her for it. My husband and my mother-in-law have promised to join me for a Vinyasa class, too. I can’t wait! Bryon’s totally adorable in downward dog. Ha!

Remember how I always get itchy in the summer? This year is no different. I have about a half dozen projects going on right now. I’ve started a quilt (black and white, flying geese) and I am itching to scrapbook. Yes, yes, you read that right. I actually went to the craft store last night and bought my first black Zig pen in about 5 years. HOLLAH.

Dear Hair, please keep growing. I still haven’t decided if I want to trim you up to take some bulk out or let you grow and avoid the expense, so in the meantime you should shoot out of my follicles at unparalleled speed.

Want to know something funny? I actually came across a Pin that described in detail a diet that will enhance breast size. I’ve discussed plenty of times how I love my boob size – and I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that my boob size has increased about a full cup since I met my husband. I had to be remeasured, new bra size, and everything. We can’t figure out why (and don’t comment and tell me it’s aging because I don’t want to hear that shit) but this article made me giggle. The bigger boob diet = everything paleo. HA. Maybe it is the food I’m eating!  Wouldn’t that save a ton for the honeys who pay to increase their bust!

The other night I was feeling… empty of my nest. [As a side note: Lawsie, college years will be rough on this mama.] So I went downstairs into the pink bedroom and I sat down on Mabel’s bed. It’s perfectly made up the way she left it: her quilt and afghan on top, with her pillow pet and Clover the bunny on her pillow. I leaned down and smelled her pillow and my eyes filled with tears instantly. I laid there for a few minutes and said a prayer. I can’t wait until all three of them are back in my nest where I can love them best.

So Mabel is still having a very difficult time with homesickness. 5 ½ of their 9 weeks have passed and 3 times a week, she cries into the phone, “But, Mommy, I miss you-u-u-u-u.”  She doesn’t understand why I can’t just come get her. She wants to sleep in her own bed, she said. She told me she is ready to go places with Daddy and me. I asked her where she wanted to go and she said, “Anywhere you guys are.” Bless her sweet pickle puss. I did try to talk to Shoes about it a couple of weeks ago when Mabel asked for a picture of me, but he wasn’t having any part of that conversation. So I pray. Bryon prays. Friends on Facebook and Nana pray. Mindy prays. We all pray for all of them to have fun, but we ask for blessings and mercy on Moo Moo. I miss her back!

I wish I could tell you that we’ve worked on the downstairs and installed all of the doors in the 5 weeks the kids have been gone, but we have not. We HAVE done a lot of landscaping and recovery work after the 18” of rain we received about a week ago. Bryon has to redo our paved walkway on the north of the house this weekend. The sand was completely washed out from under the pavers during that storm. He and Trevor built it back up last Father’s Day. Sigh. We will get to them, I have no doubt. But time both drags and flies when they are gone.

Another of the projects I sorely wish to complete while they are gone is the painting of furniture. I have several pieces in the house that need to be painted, or repainted white. We have everything we need and finally it’s warm enough out to do my thing in an evening and have it dry by the next morning.  Must. Just. DO IT. One of the things causing me delay is that I need to find at least one more bedside table, preferably two. Those will probably need painted so… best to do it all at once, my brain keeps saying. Well, shut up, Brain, because I will just do it twice. Must. Just. DO IT.

About scrapbooking. The itch feels a bit foreign to me and familiar at the same time. I am in a different place in my life and I don’t know if my creativity will look the same way it did the last time I scrapped. Not that this matters of course, but it’s curious. I’m so anxious to stick my fingers in paint I can’t see straight. That black Zig pen is calling to me, I tell you what.

Football season approaches. My husband has given me Husker fever, I think. It’s fun to watch college football with him because he loves it so much. And then there is Trevor’s football as well, which starts 3 days after he gets back from his dad’s. Have mercy. It will be hot!

So I took Hayley to Ulta a couple of weeks ago and we picked up some scratch-on nail wraps. I did hers the next day because she asked me eleventy times. I did mine a week later. It’s been 5 days and they’re still going strong. I added another top coat today to keep the tips in shape, but I’m loving them so far! I am surprised there aren’t more to choose from though.



And Dear B: Just thank you. I thought we were tight before but after Sunday, I have to say - I love you so much more. Your eyes are burned into my brain in a new way. And I trust them so, so much. You are so good to me. Thanks for taking care of my heart, for listening to me, and for making such great effort to learn me. And thank you for letting me learn you, too. I love you so, so much. We are worth every moment and every effort. It just keeps getting better, Baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment