November 3, 2014

Spelling Lessons

It is very hard for me to believe that Mabel Rae has reached the point in her life where spelling tests begin. I mean, she's the baby, right? Sigh. I know, I know.

So my baby brought home her first spelling list a couple of weeks ago, along with 'lightning words' to practice.  Immediately, the spelling bee champ in the house (my husband) was activated. I mean, I, too, am a spelling bee champ - but this man won multiple bees as a child so I let him have this honor completely at home. We're nerds, People. Just accept it.

So Daddy got her list and a piece of chalk, and he hit the board for spelling lessons.  They practices and conjugated and wrote sentences together while I cooked dinner. It was pretty sweet.





She ate it up! Each week Mabel practices her list with one of us or her siblings and so far, she's doing great.




She has also recently tossed aside her level 8 reading book and asked for chapter books for Christmas. I think I might have another book worm in the family and I am SOOOO excited about that!

I love how they grow, but wish I could just freeze time some days.


No comments:

Post a Comment