December 8, 2014

December

I love this time of year! Merry Christmas, friends.

This year I got the tree up before Thanksgiving. I know, right?  So grateful to finally have a tree-topper that holds so much meaning. This gorgeous angel was handpainted by Bryon's late grandma Darlene.










I love decorating for the holidays, but I also love keeping it simple.






Love the warm glow from the tree in the evenings. Andrew used it to finish his art sketchbook assignment.






It's perfect for watching Love Actually.





And it's perfect for posing.






The tree belongs to Kiki, in case you're curious. This is her permanent spot until it comes down. She comes out from beneath only to eat and beg for belly rubbing. At night, she lays on her back and howls under the tree. It's bizarre - I think she prefers the lights on. Ha!

Here's to making more memories this year, and to celebrating the traditions we've established as a family. We ask that God comfort everyone this time of year, especially those who lost loved ones and mourn during the holidays - may they find peace among the sadness, and hope when feeling hopeless.




No comments:

Post a Comment