August 17, 2016

Weddennessday



So, child 2 is going to be 14 tomorrow. I mean, can I even call him 'child 2' anymore? Sigh. Such a blessed to see him grow, but so bittersweet. Today would have been his birthday if his induction would have gone as planned, but no. No, Andrew George took his sweet old time and they turned off my pitocin to allow me to get some sleep overnight. In fact, it was 14 years ago today that Mindy Lu showed up at my hospital room door with a McDonald's brownie sundae. Awwwww, tear. Anyway, Andy took his time on the 18th, too, not showing up until the evening but what he lacked in timeliness he made up for in strength. My son, who they weren't sure would breathe at birth (suspected cystic adenomatoid malformation of the lung, which ended up being an extralobar pulmonary sequestration instead) WAILED and peed on the doctor. Andy has more strength than any of us and every day, I am proud.

Planning a family barbecue this weekend to celebrate Andy Roo, followed by watching Trevor's first scrimmage of the football season. Whoop!

Salt and pepper pistachios with a colby jack cheese stick. SCORE.

Last night I made an asian-influenced soup. It was so delicious! I created a broth using chicken stock, mushroom stock, and gluten free soy sauce, and then added meatballs, zucchini, carrot, a teeeeeeeny bit of onion, and mushrooms. At the end, I tossed in sliced jalapenos and sesame seeds on top. If I'd had cilantro, I would have used it, but alas, I was out. It was SUPERB. Child 2 ate two bowls because he has a hollow leg and loves all the things.

I am strongly considering Beachbody. There, I said it. More to come.

Related to that - God always amazes me. Something random connected me with an interesting woman on Facebook and over the past few months she's become a very close friend. I have about a million things in common with her - for one, she loves Jesus something fierce. She's also a Beachbody coach and if I join, she'll be my mentor. She's super cool and a million a five percent supportive of every possible scenario, and has just about the best boho style ever. I have no doubt that God was behind our paths crossing and I'm so grateful. No matter what happens in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment